As the holidays approach you are guaranteed a few things: amazing high-calorie food, heart-felt sappy movies (I love everything on the Hallmark channel!), upbeat jingles, a family argument, crowded stores, and lastly, my favorite, one or two great holiday parties. I love this time of year for so many reasons, but getting to partake in festive holiday fashions might top the list! This season I have outlined my top 5 holiday must haves and have included examples from the Laurel Creek Country Club fashion show!
1. Accessories that glitter, clothes that shine! I love these items all year round, but during the holiday season they go the extra mile! This is the perfect way to look festive without looking like a holiday decoration! Choose a great sequined top, or an embellished dress. Think its too flashy? Layer a blazer over the top to tone it down… see below!
2. Leather and Fur (or faux!). Leather and fur whether real or faux is a great option for your holiday festivities. I always suggest leggings with leather detail to clients because they are just as comfortable as regular leggings, but add an element of sophistication. A leather skirt like below is always a great investment. Fluted like the one below, or pencil, it will be a classic timeless piece in your closet that is also on trend!
3. Chunky Knits. Up here in the Northeast, its cold around the holidays so a chunky knit is always a smart choice. Sweaters can come off very casual, so consider dressing your knits up by pairing them with a great leather legging or waxed denim, or choose a sweater with a metallic weave like the one styled below.
4. Statement Coat. A statement coat is a staple item for every woman’s wardrobe. Your coat is the first thing people see during the winter months, so begin your outfit with a show stopper! A black wool coat is always a smart investment, but a coat in a bright cobalt or stunning winter white is just as practical and makes a memorable fashion statement.
5. The Fluted, Flirty Dress. I love a dress or skirt with a flirty shape for so many reasons! First, this shape looks great on all figures! It also is so comfortable for those parties where you may have eaten too much (it happens ladies!) or for when you get on the floor with the kids to open presents or play games. This shape is also flattering worn with heels or flat boots if looking to dress it down.