There is something about fall that gives us all butterflies in our stomachs and smiles on our faces. For most, it is because our kids go back to school, Dunkin’ releases their pumpkin coffee, or the brisk air means you can stop worrying about frizzy hair. For me, its the fashions – ok and the lack of frizzy hair (#curlygirlproblems).
This fall brings me the same amount of excitement. We are still seeing Radiant Orchid in the palette and other pastels and brights which will transition nicely from summer. Here are some of my favorite fall trends any woman can adopt!
- Grey. Yes, grey really is a Fall 2014 trend. Grey is perfect for any woman because it comes in varying shades to compliment each skin tone, when purchased in luxe fabrics like wool or silk it looks dressy and elegant, and in fabrics like cotton it takes on a more casual image. Check out this great grey blazer. I love the quilted patch detailing on the elbows! My FAVORITE look for the season is head-to-toe grey in contrasting fabrics. Stay tuned.
- Color. The fall color palette has rich blues and even a pastel pink- mauve mist. Last year saw pastels and we are seeing them again this year. The key to pulling off bright colors and pastels when the temperature drops is choosing wisely when it comes to fabrics. Fabrics like cotton are more associated with summer. Choose a fabric that is heavier and your the item will wear perfectly into winter (insert boots and tights).
- Matching sets. Crop tops and skirts in the same pattern were huge for spring and summer and we are seeing them enter fall as well. Why are they so great? The pieces do double duty- they pair great together, but also can be broken up and styled countless ways. Be sure to choose a pattern that can mix with your existing wardrobe to get the most wear out of your pieces. LOVE this Missguided set at such a great price too!
- Leopard. Fortunately for me, leopard is trending for fall but I don’t think it would have stopped me from wearing it since (I’m obsessed) and leopard truly is a neutral. I know not everyone feels comfortable wearing an all over animal print, too Snooki? Invest in a leopard shoe or clutch! I think I’ve said that once or twice before… Check out how cute this blogger is in her calf hair flats!
- Shearling. Who doesn’t like to be snuggled up with some soft (faux) fur?! Look for fur detailing on jackets or vests and those pieces will be sure to take you straight to winter! LOVE this Rebecca Taylor vest and this look for less!
What makes you all excited about fall?!